Friday, September 24, 2010

Weekend with the Masters Post II

Just for information for everyone (lol, tee-hee-hee I don't think anyone reads my blogs except me), I came down here just for the Dan Pinkham workshops. There are great teachers, but it is his work I connected with, his emotional compositions and color. He is also known to be able to teach someone without them having to "paint like he paints". Well, believe me, this workshop has been all that I had hoped for and more. This morning was a lecture about personal interpretations of shapes, forms, compositions and what they mean to each person uniquely. He had us write as we quieted our minds and got in touch with why we pick our subjects, what those subjects actually mean to us and how to convey that and stay in our integrity as we paint it. Like I said, it was exactly what I had hoped for.

Got a little sunburned and my legs hurt from standing all day - but I seriously lost track of time and painted until almost 5:30! Tomorrow is the lecture on Sergei Bongart. Then maybe another lecture if I can find an open one. I will try and post the two paintings I worked on today too. Being on the ocean changes my palette completely and I love the blues!

Ok, too tired to write any more. I'm going to bed early so I can be rested and ready to absorb a wealth of information tomorrow!
G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment