Saturday, February 14, 2015

I LOVE Winter Work!

I do, I really do.  I love the Twachtman winter pieces, Whistler pieces, Willard Metcalf, etc. etc.  They are so difficult, so subtle, so thoughtout.  I am drawn to the high key work of winter time after time and I absolutely love to paint it.  The rest of the world liking it - not so much.  I can't tell you how many times I have been told that "winter doesn't sell", it's too cold, noone wants to look at snow year round.  Am I just strange?  I love it for art's sake, not for weather's sake, though I really don't mind it then either.  The funny thing is - it always sells for me.  Maybe it takes a little longer than Autumn pieces but generally not.  So I will paint them anyway just for me and maybe someone with a strange sense of beautiful like me!



2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Shanna. Who wouldn't like them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you David! I guess I don't associate cold with paintings as I love winter pieces :)

    ReplyDelete