Monday, June 14, 2010

I used to keep this little note posted in my studio, but during the move to my new (old) house, I lost it. Recently Lori McNee posted it again on her blog and it warmed my heart to see it again! I'm going to repost it for anyone that needs a little shot in the arm and a "y0u can do it". It is one of the truest statements I've ever heard.....

"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."


I remember my ah-ha moment about 16 years ago when I had the thought that if one person can do this, anyone can do this with enough work, enough diligence and faith in oneself. It was quite profound at the moment and still applies to this day!
GET TO WORK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment