Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year to all my friends!

It's New Years Eve and I am so excited about the upcoming year! Celebration of Fine Art is just around the corner!!! I will be taking 12-14 new watercolors that I am so proud of. It was so good to get back to my first love of painting. They take me back to that first crush, knowing what I wanted to do with the rest of my life! The frames are handmade, finished leafed corners - just beautiful. There will be about 18 oils displayed on opening night, all my blood sweat and tears from this past year - I can't wait! There is nothing like putting all your work together to see where you have come from, where you are at and where you want to go. A body of work is so telling of all your secrets - your passion, your pain and your aspirations! We all need a good look at ourselves every year and evaluate these things. Life is such an adventure and one that need not be on auto-pilot. Grab hold with both hands, hold on and try new journeys! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you and your husband had a great New Year Shanna!
    Thank you for all your inspiration,you are such a wonderful person, artist and friend. Meeting you in my life has been a highlight for sure!
    I am so looking forward to new things this coming year! YAy& whoooohoooo!!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shellie, the same back to you! I love your enthusiasm, your drive and excitement about everything you do in life. I know you'll go far with your art career and anything you choose to do. Lets kick some booty this year :)

    ReplyDelete