Saturday, July 16, 2011

Highly Unusual!

Not being one to usually put manmade structures in my work often, this barn painting is quite unusual for me! It's an old family farm and barn outside of Hailey, ID. I have always loved how it sits among the poplars besides the steep hillside. It always tells me I'm close to Ketchum, one of my favorite places in the west. I'm working out a few drawing issues, some shape placement problems and then I will figure out how to make the building feel natural in the environment. I have, as usual, put my largest and most difficult paintings for my show at the Kneeland Gallery off until the last week - so what else is new? I seem to do this to myself almost every time. The show is happening August 3, 4, & 5th, with the reception being August 5 from 5-8. It is my favorite show of the year. The patrons are wonderful! They come back year after year to watch us paint, purchase new pieces for their collections and cheer us on. We have developed such a special friendship with all the artists that have participated through the years. Opening morning is filled with hugs & smiles and catching up. The gallery staff is exceptional and treat us like old friends - very spoiled old friends! And of course, who can beat this landscape? It just doesn't get much better than this. And now, on to finish this "structure"......Focus Shanna - FOCUS!


No comments:

Post a Comment