Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Endurance, Snowmelt - reworked!

This was one of those painting that still just needed a little tweaking - a hard line here or there, change of color and a little pop in just the right place.  I went back to my original source, my original idea of mood and place so I would not lose the reason for the painting in the first place.  There were just a couple of things to make it better.  Does it really make it better?  Was the message strong enough that I was just nit-picking because it came back?  Who knows the answer, probably never will know the answer.  The painting needs to speak on it's own emotion, and sometimes technical correctness destroys that emotion and sometimes it defines it better.  Like my mom used to say - "we shall see what we shall see"!


This piece was tweaked as well.  I changed the direction of the sun and added some modulation to the sky a bit.  I still really like the shapes of the trees and the square format.  Not quite as "blue" as it once was!



No comments:

Post a Comment