Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Starting an advertising identity.....branding

My good friend and artist George Handrahan came over today with all of his design and program knowledge and helped me get an ad together.  I am thinking about doing a campaign with some specialty magazines to get my work out there a little more.  It was a very interesting process!  He used InDesign to get the design started and switched back and forth a little with photoshop.  The first task was the most difficult - finding a font that was a reflection of not only my work, but directly identifying a genre as well.  Then a palette design was chosen, something that would make my work stand out but nothing that overwhelmed.  We went with a pretty straightforward design with a little extra to bring added attention.  Last but not least was adding a couple of images.  The color and design should make it easy to interchange pieces without too much work.  I'm sure we will fine tune a few times before actually putting it out there, but I'm really happy with the results so far!  What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment