Saturday, January 5, 2013

Coastal Country

This is another painting done from my time spent in Maine.  It's fascinating to me how three miles from the rugged and rocky beaches are amazing forests, trees so thick you can't see the roads.  This piece is not quite finished yet, but I have to live with it for a while to gain back some objectivity.  It has a sister piece that I will work on tomorrow to give myself a little time away from this.  I'm also working on a few more drawings that will eventually become part of the series.  I really can't remember being so excited to get down to my studio every morning and I'm dragging myself back upstairs well into the evening.  Every painting has scared the daylights out of me, but I am determined to pull off a body of work that reflects how I felt about my trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment