Friday, June 8, 2012

In the spirit of Monet



Here is a little study I quickly painted today of a lily pond out at the Ogden Nature Center a few years back.  I am honored to be asked to do the poster painting and donated original for the yearly fundraiser for the Center.  This is a beautiful nature center, educational and a little preserve in the middle of city limits.  This study will eventually lend itself to a 20x30 of the same image.  I wanted this one to have spontenaity, abstractness and a freshness of color.  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Shanna,
    Your water lily paintings are beautiful!!! I am a fellow artist and had met you in Scottsdale several years ago and spoke to you on the phone. I noticed your link when scrolling through my faso updates and looked at all your new work. I have always admired your work in the past and I really love your most recent work, especially the new colors and the abstractions. Congrats on all of your elite gallery representations.

    ReplyDelete