Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Teaching again!

It's been a couple of years since I have done any regular teaching and this week was the beginning of the series. I forgot how much I enjoyed it! I have a gang of very enthusiastic, willing participants (guinea pigs for my assignments) and a headful of ideas to stretch each persons' experience and knowledge of their work and themselves.

I am reinforcing my art philosophy in these classes to help each person keep their unique voice ever-present in their work - don't paint like I paint, paint like you paint with all these new tools and ideas! I have a few abstract painters as well as representational ones and I am so excited to see the work they produce. I will try and post some of them if they give me permission! Each week will bring a different tool to the tool belt and various ways of integrating it into a series.
This week we are working in high key with a select limited palette, homework is two large(r) finished pieces. Should be challenging enough :)

Keep ya posted!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So happy you decided to teach another class. I'm excited to be pushed forward and outside of my norm. It's exactly what I need right now. :)

    ReplyDelete